Wednesday, December 27, 2006

To Do List

res•o•lu•tion Pronunciation (rĕz'ə-lū'shən)
n.
1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.

I no longer make resolutions as I'm sure to disappoint myself! I’m not very organized in my research; I can start looking for one thing and end up digging into something totally different. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing; it keeps things interesting. So I present here my ongoing To Do List, in no particular order. I’ll be quite happy if I get three or four things from the list done this year!

• Learn to take better pictures.
• Canvas and photograph at least one local cemetery and put it online.
• Scan, label and organize the boxes of old photos in the closet.
• Clean, organize and paint my office so it will be a pleasant place to work.
• Scan all of the old records find when I organize.
• Go through Dad’s things and get rid of things with no sentimental value.
• Ebay all the junk in the office to make room for more stuff.
• Visit the RAIMS center again.
• Visit the Onondaga County library more often.
• Visit a LDS Family History Center
• Make CD’s up and send them to cousins next Christmas.
• Contact my cousins that I have never met.
• Write out more family stories and share them with my grandkids.
• Spend more time writing and less time gathering data.
• Learn to use TMG effectively.
• Learn more history.
• Finally write and publish the Carlisle Genealogy.
• Learn more html and put up my own web page.
• Visit the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and view the Carlisle papers.

1 comment:

David said...

Passage Express is pretty cool. Hopefully you'll like it.

"Spend more time writing and less time gathering data."

Same here! :)