Saturday, March 3, 2007

Carnivals and More

I'm still hopelessly behind in my reading, nevermind about my writing! I have made some progress though.

The 19th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy is fantastic with ten participants! The submissions I've read so far have been great and all so very different. I'm looking forward to reading the stories I haven't gotten to yet.

Jasia has come up with a wonderful idea for the next carnival. I hope everyone participates and that this becomes an annual event. If you'd like to add the post-it note to your blog you will find the code here, or save the image and link it back to here.

"And now comes the Call for Submissions! I actually posted the call for submissions for the next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy a couple days ago in my post A Women's History Challenge. I hope you'll consider writing a tribute to One Woman in this month of March, which is Women's History Month. It's a great opportunity to write about someone special or perhaps someone on the family tree who never married or had children and who has no direct descendants to carry on a memory of them. The deadline for submissions is March 15th. Submit your blog article to the next edition of Carnival of Genealogy using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page."

I've caught up on Harry McFry. I think I've figured out Lillian's complicated relationship to Laurel and why she has kept one of the relationships hidden. I'm wondering just what Dacre Lawrence was up to and what happened to him? Was he the one that 'stole' the census records? Was Jonathan Harcourt a fraud, had he taken an assumed name or maybe something as yet unrevealed? Will Harry see Ana again?

I'm enjoying having the story unfold a chapter at a time and at the same time frustrated, I want to know what happens next. Are any of you reading too? What conclusions have you come to?


There are other Carnivals to check out too.

Who's That? hosted at Untangled Family Roots has some intersting family stories.

The 49th History Carnival has several different catagories and something for everyone. This edition is hosted at History is Elementary, one of my favorite blogs. Be sure to check out some of her Wordless Wednesday posts while you're there. With her Wednesday posts she challenges you to identify the picture or the artist and then follows up with more information about it later in the week. If you love history I think you'll like this blog.

I have to thank Tom Abbott at Walking the Berkshires for introducing me to another Carnival, Carnivalesque. In the 24th edition I found lots of intersting topics. As a gardener I was pleasantly surprised to find a post about a flower clock.

2 comments:

Bill Blunt said...

Thank you for your continued patronage, apple! As an early reader of Harry McFry (in fact, one of the earliest!) it means a lot to me.

It would be most remiss of me to answer your questions, except to say that Harry is indeed destined to meet Ana again (where would we be without the romance of family history?)!

Many thanks and kind regards

THJnr

Tammy said...

Thank you for stopping today at my mom's birthday tribute, Apple! :)And wow...some of the carnivals you mentioned are right up my alley! I'm going to check them out!
Blessings!