Saturday, February 2, 2008

Michigan Biographical Index

A week ago Miriam passed along a link to the Michigan Biographical Index. Thank you Miriam! From the index I learned that several members of my Carlisle family were listed in the index to: Massie, Larry B. Potawatomi Tears and Petticoat Pioneers: More of the Romance of Michigan's Past 1992.

I quickly found the book listed on half.com for a very reasonable price and ordered it. It came today and although they were only mentioned briefly, on two pages, it was a very interesting read. I need to check some of the facts as they differ slightly from what I've read before and I'll be writing more about that in a day or two.

Now that I've skipped to the part about my family and satisfied my curiosity there, I'm looking forward to reading more about the history of Michigan.

2 comments:

JEWELGIRL said...

Hi apple love the new sideshow
photos. I found a few names in
the Michigan index but they wanted
$600.00 + for that book! A little
steep since it is a in-law not
a direct relative! I hope you have a good day!

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Ouch! I'll consider myself very lucky that the book I found was only $7!