Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ella McKinnon to Annie Carlisle Nov 22 1903





Mapleton Minn

Nov 22nd 1903

My dear Cousin,

I have thought to write to you often enough to have written a number of letters but I did not get at it and have not very much news to write.

I had a letter from your mother the other day and was glad to hear from her again but she writes good for a person of her age it don’t look uneven and weak at all. I will answer it soon. Is her address the same as ever I just don’t remember it so will direct to you and you send it to her if

page 2

you will or if you write soon send me her address.

Well the children are all in bed but John & Belle so I can write they keep the table on the jump so any one can hardly write.

We have not had any rain for about six weeks now and only a little flurry of snow it is cloudy tonight and has been sleeting some but not much but last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty cold days not I will tell you it was disagreeable to be out still all the children that go to school but Hermie the youngest

page 3

went and they had to face the wind coming home they have the R.R. to walk on and hey have to go straight N.W. at night bit they did not complain of being very cold when they came home.

Have you seen Uncle Henry yet? we heard from Ill twice and they said he was talking of going out there. I hope he will go he said last fall that he would like to go but did not like to go alone. I wish I could have gone with him but he is old too he was 77 his last birth day.

page 4

Our crop was pretty poor this year we only had 170 bu of oats and 450 bu of wheat and part of that was a setting that stood over from last year and we hadn’t much corn and our potatoes all rotted so we had to pay a man here in town brought in a carload from S. Dakota and we got some of him they are nice ones but we had to pay 75¢ abushel for them.

Well I cannot think of any more this time

So with love to all I will say “Good night”

E L McKinnon



Ella had eight children. John and Belle were Ella's 3rd and 4th eldest.

For more see:
Carlisle - Wisner Letters
Family of William Wisner
Descendants of Maryetta Wisner
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner



McKinnon, Ella Hall (Mapleton, Minnesota) to “My dear Cousin” [Sarah Ann Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 22 November 1903. Digital Images 1-4. Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,] Snowville, New York. 2008. [Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1903-1904, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: