Tuesday, August 12, 2008

School's Out for the Summer - Again!

Summer here is a very short season and I am doing my best to enjoy it! I was called back to work to cover a summer school route :( and I've been filling the rest of my days with time outside in the garden or spending time with my six grandkids. At two and three the youngest pair are a handful! The four oldest are loving the Blast Into The Past program at The Pratt House Museum.

I had done well getting a letter posted every other day and then just couldn't keep up. There has actually been some genealogy research completed here this summer. I've been trying to track down records for the McKinnon's as I transcribe letters and also working on finding out more about my Graham ancestors now that some of the information found in other letters has broken through that brick wall.

The rest of you certainly have been busy bees this summer! I'm doing my best to try and get caught up on all that you have written.


Blogging Friends Forever

I ashamed that both Miriam and Bill honored me with the Blogging Friends Forever award and I'm just now getting around to thanking them.
I see that this award has already zipped through the genea-blogging community, or at least my corner of it so I would be passing it on to those who have already received it. Unless there is a new visitor here from another part of the world that I'm unaware of. Any lurkers out there?


Facebook & Genea-Blogger Group Games

I think I'm one of the very few that has not signed up for Facebook and the Genea-Bloggers group. I can't handle another distraction right now, I can't keep up with the four blogs I have! Maybe in the fall I can complete Bootcamp and figure it out. The thought of joining kind of makes me cringe based on what the kids at work have said. However those that have written about joining seem to have had a mostly positive experience. I'm also discovering new to me blogs through connections others have made on Facebook.

While I watch the Olympics coverage from China I'll also be following the Genea-Blogger Group Games. There are some tough categories. Unlike the TV coverage I'll be able to play along with the GBGG as the official competitors shame inspire me to fix some source citations, organize my desk, get current with my backups and maybe commit an act of genealogical kindness.

And hopefully I'll be back to transcribing letters here very shortly too!

2 comments:

Becky Wiseman said...

Apple, I wasn't sure about facebook to begin with but I'm coming 'round. LOL. I don't spend much time there but do occasionally update my "status". It can take as much or as little time as you want to put into it.

I've enjoyed reading the letters you've been posting. Have a nice "rest of the summer"!

Thomas MacEntee said...

I MISS MY APPLE!