Monday, October 6, 2008

Ella McKinnon to Annie Carlisle Aug 7, 1922



Mapleton Minn Aug 7th 1922

Ever dear Cousin,

I suppose you do not think you are very dear to me as I am so long answering your letter but oh it is so hard for me to get at any writing it don’t take long when I really make up my mind to write but I do not like to begin.

Your last letter was dated in March and I am just ashamed to tell it.

Well I hardly know what to write now I got started but I remembered it was about birthday time again so thot I just had to send you word some way & did not have a card to send

page 2

but accept congratulations just the same & many more happy birthdays to you.

Yes Anna I belong to the Auxiliary we have about 80 members and more to come in soon. we have not done any work in that way but in other ways I do not remember now only they have sent several lounging robes to the sick in some of the Hospitals and now there is a delegation to go to the State Comvention at the same time & place as the Legion boys have their convention. My boy is one of the delegates I will be gone a week any way

My pen will not write tonight so will have to finish with a pencil

Crops here are pretty good altho we have had a very dry & warm summer the days were just simply but the nights were so nice & cool one could sleep with a covering over them very nicely I know I could & I generally fell the heat as well as any of them

Are you having lots of fruit out there not so very much here it all dried up it was so dry I have not got much canned but will get some apples

page 3

& there may be something else to get yet

Well I am tired writing and I have run out of material too I guess I have written one before this & ought to write 4 or 5 more but ma not going to tonight I am going to send you lots of love & a good night kiss here it is [scribbles]

Ever your loving Cousin
Ella



For more see:
Carlisle - Wisner Letters
Family of William Wisner
Descendants of Maryetta Wisner
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Margie's Ancestors - McKinnon Pictures



McKinnon, Ella Hall (Mapleton, Minnesota) to “Ever dear Cousin” [Sarah Ann Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 7 August 1922. Digital Images 1-2. Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,] Snowville, New York. 2008. [Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1921 – 1922, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: