Sunday, December 14, 2008

Rose Graham Camfield, 19 January c. 1880-1885






South Buchanan Bend Jan 19th
Dear Sister & family
I have thought of writing to you every day since we was there at your house but the fact is we are all just geting thawed out we arrived home Safe however and found everything all right we think now we will not come to see you again before warm weather I did not enjoy my visit atall for I was dreading the cold ride home all the time the Sleighing is fine now how is Frank does he say anything about the picture I owe him

reverse

he did not bother his head about the cold weather he was so glad to see the children Joe and I often speak of it how is Ashley I hope he is better well ann I have got a new dress and before long Joe will have his pants and then you need not be Surprised to hear that he had Sold out and retired from business at least I believe that was the calculation last Sunday at your house how I have laughed over it untill my sides ached of course Joe dont intend to Sell but he does talk so funny I will enclose a piece of my dress now I will close you must come over when you can write and let us know how Ashley is and all of you
Rosa


There was no year on this letter and I had a hard time dating it. The reference to Frank leads me to believe he was still quite young but this could have been written at a much later date.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Rose Graham. (South Bend, Indiana) to “Dear Sister & family” [Sarah Ann Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 19 January c.1880-1885Digital Images 1-2. Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,] Snowville, New York. 2008. [Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, Undated c. 1850-1899, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: