Monday, December 22, 2008

Sarah Ann Camfield, 19 June 1884










Noble Center June 19 1884

Wel Anna I do not know what you think of me for not writing before but I have had so much to do and see to when I had alittle time I would not feel as id I could write and put it off until abetter time I have been to Bronson this this forenoon with a tub of butter I got one shilling apound it 10cts in rolls eggs are 12cts per dozen we sheared sheep last friday have not sold the wool yet wont get only about 27 or 28 cts per pound it ranges from 25 to 28 cts per pound I have two boarders this week they are fiscing up the old barn south of us 1 day we had 4 and 1 . 3 besides ourselves and a hiredman Mrs B has not got home yet

page 2

does not seem much prospect of her coming very soon Mr B spends his time between us and Coldwater he had been her two weeks and went back last monday he wil be here next week again
we have lots of rain we talk of comencin haying next week our corn is looking very wel the cut worm hurt it badly we planted twice some dragged and marke and planted the whole over ours was not so bad as that we had green peas for dinner yesterday the corn in the garden begins to show the tassel I went to the first potatoe hill I came to and dug in the side and got a potatoe to day cut it intwo and measured it measured one ince and one half across a little over

page 3

we have not heard from Joseph and Rozy but once since you went home Fred sent a letter and she wrote a little in it that is all I am going to write to them again
do you here from Illinois any more
I suppose Frank is going to school every day how does he like it the girl I had after you went away has got a baby she was to be married sunday and wednesday it came so she is not married yet I have the same one I had when I wrote you last she is onl excuse for a girl that about all I get along somehow I hardly know how we get the meals and wash dishes

page 4

after a fashion Father has no man by the month he has aman by the day we have both the colts so we drive them before the buggy Nelly the little bay one he talked of breaking when you was here plows works in the corn or goes before he buggy or any thing where she is wanted to we are pretty well Father seems very well he gets up alittle after 4 in the morning and works til sundown and dont act as tired as he did several years ago I am feeling wel if I dont work to hard but I have to do that every day I have had a hard time with toothache and neuraligy in my head and face but have got over that S A Camf

upside down, top of page

Frank Grand pa has got 10 little white pig would you like to see them




There were no letters from Illinois during this time period.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield
Henry Bogardus, Shirt-tail Cousin
Hall Family Letters



Camfield, Sarah Ann Wisner. (Noble Center, MI) “Wel Anna” [Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 19 June 1884. Digital Images 1-4. Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,] Snowville, New York. 2008. [Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1884 - 1886, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: