Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Isaac Ashley Carlisle, 6 March 1887





March 6 1887
Dear wife and Children
it is Sunday now
I have been up to
O.D. to day they are
all well mama is
South bend over
Sunday Bell chool
will beo out in fore
weeks they dont talk
with each other
atall if they can
help it so things
are not nice now
wall anna I bought
a coat and some shews
coat $3.00 shews $1.50
I have binn out in
the country blasting

2

Stone I may not go
agane I dont yet
I will come home
this week if it ranes
like fu__ are water
the foalks are well

from your Deares
I. A. C.

I went to church
to day with Lillb


O.D. = Orville Daniel Carlisle
Belle = Clara Belle Carlisle, daughter of Orville.

Hannah L. Carlisle was visiting Orville through Sunday.

I'm not clear as to who wasn't talking to whom.

Lillb? Orville had another daughter, Lillian M. Carlisle. Orville's wife was Lydia. I was surprised to read that Ashley went to church.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Carlisle, Isaac Ashley. (Souh Bend, IN) to “Dear wife and Children”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 20 February 1887. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1887 - 1889,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: