Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sarah Ann Camfield, 11 Jan 1887





Noble Center Jan 11th 1887

well I suppose you are wondering why you dont get a letter all the reason is because I have not written one we are as wel as usual and I have talked about it every day but did not sit down and do it
we are having very Cold weather but I suppose you know that I suppose it is cold there
thank you for the presents you sent us I ment to have sent you something but it was so Cold I could not go to town there is nothing new to tell of only we have got 7 little pigs this cold weather they are 4 weeks old I dont know whether they will stand it through to spring or not but they are looking first rate now I have been making 6 pounds of butter

2

aweek but if it keep so Cold I shall not make so much any more I get 15 cts per pound for what I have to spare Father is getting out rails for fence we have about 100 rods of fence we wat to build in the spring I am afraid it will not get all done but we do what we can and that is all any one can do
we hope you all had a good time Christmas and newyear we staid at home all alone andid not see any one but each other afew goby

S A Camfield




For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Sarah Ann Wisner. (Noble Center, MI) “well I suppose you are wondering”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 11 January 1887. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1887 - 1879,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

2 comments:

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

I so enjoy the letters from the past that you have been sharing with us. What a great insight into the past...thanks again for sharing.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Taylorstales - I'm happy you're enjoying them. I love the insight they give into their lives but often life for them was a bit dull.