Friday, January 2, 2009

Sarah Ann Camfield, 30 Dec 1885



Noble Center Dec 30th 1885

well we got your letter and the mittens saturday we send our thanks that is all we can do just now maybe we can do something some time I have got a silver dollar laid by for Baby made in 1885 the year he was born you know Franks was dated the year he was born I call him Baby I suppose his name is Daniel how I should like to see him here he is most a year old it dont seem possible
I have written to Rozy today but I must stop so goodby
write as soon as you can

S A Camfield


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Sarah Ann Wisner. (Noble Center, MI) “well we got your letter”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 30 December 1885. Digital Image. Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,] Snowville, New York. 2009. [Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1884 - 1886, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

2 comments:

Tex said...

Interesting tradition of giving a silver dollar to babies. I have one my uncle gave me when I was born in the 1950s.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

I wonder if Daniel ever got his dollar?

We recieved silver dollars too. I have proof and mint sets for each my kids birth years. I dropped the ball with the grandkids, I'll have to pick up some sets for them.