Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sarah Ann Camfield, 7 Jan 1889




Noble Center Jan 7th 1889

Dear Children
I suppose you are looking for a letter dy this time so I will try and write a little there does not seem to be any thing to write about we stay rite here I have not seen a woman to speak to since a week before Christmas if it was not for Fred I do not know how I could stand it he goes to school every but is here night and morning for company Father is no more company than a stick of wood and dont say much more I am glad you hear from Illinois some times I do not did Martha say anything about her Father and Mother I think I will write to them once more and see if I can get an answer Freddie sends his thanks for the handker chief he ment to send you something

2

but time sliped by without some how I send my thanks for my apron but feel as ashamed to excep it because I id not send you any thing
how I wish I could except your kind invitation to come and help fill the house and see you all nothing would please me better I assure you
I think every year we will go next but I dont know as we ever will but I hope to if we live longenoug I hope it will be so you can come here next summer how long is it since you was here
S A Camfield






"Father is no more company than a stick of wood and dont say much more." Grandpa Mike was man of few words I guess!



Another bare bones Christmas has come and gone.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Sarah Ann. (Noble Center, MI) “I suppose you are”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 7 January 1889. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1887 - 1889,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

2 comments:

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

I so look forward to these letters and the fact that you transcribe them for us. What a treasure they are! The life and times of your relatives are found in these details. Thanks for sharing once more.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

I'm glad you're enjoying them! This group of letters is important to me as they are shaking up some of the family oral history.