Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Isaac Ashley Carlisle, 3 June 1890



June the 3rd 1890
turdys the reeson
whie I did not write
sunday is that
Bill parmenter though
he wold come home
he will not come
untill Jack comes
after him so I will
come home with him
tell Jack wee will expect him on Saday
next. Jose hant come
yet. I got my close
I will bring the

page 2

money my self
when I come so good
nite I am well as usual

upside down, top of page 1

Jack will find
us at the grand
teunle depo



I am still having some trouble with Ashley's handwriting. It sounds like he has found a way home for the weekend.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Carlisle, Isaac Ashley. (South Bend, IN) to “turdys the reeson”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 3 June 1890. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1890,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying Isaac's letters-such a different time.