Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sarah Ann Camfield, 9 Jan 1890



Noble Jan 9th 1890

well Anna I will try once more to write you afew lines we received the presents all rite and thank you for them but I do not know how you knew so well what we wanted they was the verry thing we wanted the caps fit as wel as if my head had been there for a measure tel Ashley he dont know how much an old woman thinks of her nightcap Father has not tried the sox yet but they will fit all rite I think but I feel ashamed that there dont any presents go the other way but you must excuse us this year if we live may be we will try to do better I cannot promice what we will do for we dont know as we wil be here we butcheres our hogs about that time and had so much

page 2

to do and I was allmost sick and have been quite since but am better now I commence washing this forenoon but left it for another time I sent aletter to Mary Etee Hall before Christmas have no answer yet you asked if we had any fruit on our place we have quite an orchard of apple trees and some peach and cherry trees we had both cherries and peaches this year if we could come out there and tell you allabout it so much better than on paper how long is it since you was here we do not know we think it agood wile if you will tell me when Daniels birth day is I will send him some thing if nothing

upside down, top of page

I have written till I amtireout

S A Camfield


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield
Hall Family Letters


Camfield, Sarah Ann. (Noble, MI) to “well Anna”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 9 January 1890. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1890,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: