Monday, March 30, 2009

Joseph H Camfield, 23 Aug 1898





Mrs A Carlisle
Buchanan
Mich
So Bend Ind aug 23 98
Dear Sister and family
Yours at hand of ad was glad to here from you. was glad to here that the children got along nicley if I had not thot they would I shold not have sent them. I supose Rose told you why I did not come. I hope you all injoid the visit as much as my famley did
Many Thanks

page 2

I received aletter from Rose this morning Thay are at Bels all well wil come home Saturday I gues

I want you all to come and make us avi some time this fal is you can

Wel I must close

Yours
JHCamfield
112 So Mich st
So Bend Ind

Joe and Rose's daughter, Mabel, was called Belle but she lived in South Bend. I think that Rose and the children were visiting Rose's sister, Xenia Belle Graham Gallup, in Pokagon, Cass County, MI. Belle was married to John S Gallup and they had no children. They are buried in Silverbrook Cemetery, Niles, MI with Belle's mother, Elizabeth Doughty Graham.


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Joseph Harrison (South Bend, IN) to “Dear Sister”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 23 August 1898. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1898,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: