Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sarah Ann Camfield, 8 June 1894





Noble 8th june 1894

Will Anna I think I have owed you aletter for some time will try to pay it I have lost most all of my hens with the colera I had 60 and have 11 left I have 29 Chickens out of 70 eggs and 10 turkeys out of 24 eggs so you see I wont get very ritch from poultry this year

Father planted his corn the 28 and 29 of may it rained all the spring and is so cold there cant be any thing grow we are as well as usual but older ofcourse we get 10 cts apound for butter and 8 cts per dozen for eggs

I was astonished to see Mrs Strawsites Marriage in the paper she was the last one I should thought of is she going away from Buchanan I wonder how Lizzy likes it

page 2

where is the waterworks

how does the skunk buisness prosper and how are you getting along these hard times is there any thing stoped I suppose Mrs Mathews and Greg is gone from there

who owns the Day property now

I suppose you have your house cleaning all done I have not commenced I dont know wher to get any one to help I cannot do it it is all I can do to do to do what I have to every day but will find some one

Mrs Rickerson offered to helpelp me but I dont want her but if you cant do as you would you must do as you can so I suppose I shall have her

June 2th Father is going to Bronson so can write no more now write soon

S A Camfield

The skunk business!?


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Sarah Ann (Noble, MI) to “Will Anna”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 8 June 1894 Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1894,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: