Friday, August 14, 2009

Mabel Camfield Marsh, Sept 6, 1901



CEDAR = POINT = ON = THE = LAKE (379)

SANDUSKY< O Sept 6th, 1901 My Dear Aunt and Grandma:- As I have a few spare minutes I will write you a few lines to let you know I am still alive. We have been very busy this summer; as you must know at a summer resort they make hay while the sun shines. - have been to no expence so have a nice little bank account, = have not decided what we will do this winter. How are you all getting along; I have often thought of you and how I would like to visit with you. = I haven't written to Tole yet, = I suppose you have heard from her. I had a letter from Mamma and Mrs Marsh this week. They are all well. I left my machine with Mamma and she writes, me that Pearl does all the plain sewing so my mind is at rest on that score it will do her and Ruby good to learn to depend on themselves. Give my love to all and write when you can. Yours Lovingly, Mabel Marsh how is Uncle Ashley is he well this summer



How did Ben and Mabel end up with jobs at Cedar Point and what were they doing?

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Marsh, Mabel Camfield (Sandusky, OH) to “Dear Aunt and Grandma”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 6 September 1901. Digital Images.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1901,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: