Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):
1) How old is your father now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel. Who is that person?
3) Tell us three facts about that person with the "roulette number."
4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook note or comment, or as a comment on this blog post.
5) If you do not have a person's name for your "roulette number" then spin the wheel again - pick your mother, or yourself, a favorite aunt or cousin, or even your children!
1. Dad would have been 83. 83 ÷ 4 = 20.75 Rounded to 21.
2. Number 21 in my ahnentafel Mary, my great-great-grandmother. She was born sometime between 1830 and 1837 in either Ireland or France. She died about 1901 in Adams, Jefferson, New York.
3. I know very little about Mary. She was the wife of Michael Kelly. I believe that she was born in Ireland and that she emigrated to Canada before moving to New York. Her children were:
- John Kelly, born about 1853, Canada. Died 1896, Adams, NY
- Ann Kelly, born 1854, NY.
- James Kelly born 1856 Adams, NY. Died 1936, Canada.
- Philip Kelly born about 1857, Adams, NY. Died between 1917-1920.
- Mary A. Kelly, born 1860, Adams, NY.
- William Kelly, born about 1862, Adams, NY. Died 1896, Adams, NY.
- George Kelly, born about 1867, Adams, NY.
- At the time of the 1855 census she lived in a log cabin.
- She could not read or write.
- Check surrogate records in Jefferson County, NY
- See if there is a death certificate for Mary.
- Contact the South Jefferson Historical Society to see if they have further information in their Kelly surname file.