Saturday, November 7, 2009

Did You Know 4.0

Anyone who has been following along here at Apple's Tree knows that although I try very hard, I am more than a little "tech challenged." I do not have access to a computer at work so what I know has been learned from what I can find online. I have a cell phone with 400 prepaid minutes - for the year. Up until last month I thought I could only make phone calls with it. My students took pity on me and taught me how to send a text message. I haven't sent one yet but I'm confident that I could if I could think of a reason to. I finally joined Facebook this year and while I'm happy to be able to keep up with my nieces and nephews I'm not sure I really "get it." Twitter makes no sense to me at all. I guess I'm just an old lady in a middle aged body!

So when I see videos like this one, they just boggle my mind. Technology has changed so rapidly since my birth and continues at a pace I can no longer seem to keep up with. After you watch this try and put it in context with your family tree. What new technology did your ancestors see and how did they deal with it? How have technological advances affected you personally? And lastly, how will your descendants see you from their future perspective?

Hat tip to RodneyOlsen.net.

3 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

Oh,well, Apple, if you are in the "tech-challenged club," then I don't mind so much being in it, too. The problem is that each time I learn something new,whatever I have learned is replaced by something newer.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Greta - You've hit the nail on the head! Things just change too fast for me.

GrannyPam said...

Things do change fast. I pick what I can use and forget the rest. Easy, I can even forget things I try to remember....