Thursday, December 17, 2009

8 Memories Until Christmas - Happy Birthday B!

B was born just before Christmas and I never did get out and get him a baby's first Christmas ornament. Instead I purchased this one the following year. It's not much to look at, just a simple silk ball covered with a plastic picture. No matter how unattractive, it has had a place on my tree for a good many years now.

Dear B,
Where have the years gone? You were (still are!) the best birthday gift I ever received. Back when you were a teenager I was worried that I'd totally blown it as a parent. Who would have thought that the kid who ran away and didn't want to finish school would turn into the man that you've become? A hard working husband and devoted father. A phenomenal author - the agents that have turned you down will be kicking themselves in a year or two! I'm proud of you!

Happy Birthday!


No comments: