Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sarah Ann Wisner Camfield - 1817 - 1912

For the 91st edition of the Carnival of Genealogy: A Tribute to Women! I will be sharing with you my second great-grandmother,
Sarah Ann Wisner Camfield.

Of all my female ancestors I feel that I have come to know Sarah Ann the best of any, other than my mother. She died more than 45 years before my birth, however I was able to get to know her through her letters. The letters span her later years and I've learned much about that period of her life, the trials she faced, the things that made her happy or sad and her day to day thoughts.


Sarah Ann Wisner Camfield - Timeline
Sarah Ann Wisner - The Early Years
Sarah Ann Wisner Camfield - Marriage, Children and Migration
Sarah Ann Camfield - The Final Years


Also see:

Family of William Wisner
Badgley and Wisner Deed Abstracts, Onondaga, NY
Henry Bogardus, Shirt Tail Cousin



Thanks for the poster fM!

3 comments:

J.M. said...

First of all, congratulations on being the featured author of this edition of the COG! It's wholly deserved. I loved reading your posts about Sarah Ann. Thanks for giving all of us a look into her life.

Judith Richards Shubert said...

A huge congratulations, Apple! Your writing is unique and deserves this special recognition. Can't wait to read about Sarah Ann.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Thank you both!