Saturday, October 15, 2011

SNGF - A new Meme Going Around

For this week's round of Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Randy has challenged:

Your missin, should you decide to accept it is to:

1)  Participate in the Ancestors GeneaMeme created by Jill Ball on the Geniaus blog.

2)  Write your own blog post, or add your response as a comment to this blog post, in a Facebook Status post or note, or in a Google+ Stream item.
The Rules:

The list should be annotated in the following manner:
Things you have already done or found: bold face type
Things you would like to do or find: italicize (colour optional)
Things you haven’t done or found and don’t care to: plain type

You are encouraged to add extra comments in brackets after each item 

Which of these apply to you?
  1.  Can name my 16 great-great-grandparents
  2.  Can name over 50 direct ancestors
  3. [Well, not off the top of my head and I'm not going into my database to count the exact number but well over 50]
  4.  Have photographs or portraits of my 8 great-grandparents
  5. [I have a least one photo of 7 of the 8. I hold out hope that there is a cousin out there that has a photo of James C Kelly to share]
  6.  Have an ancestor who was married more than three times
  7. [Not that I've discovered but there are a couple of cousins that fit the bill]
  8.  Have an ancestor who was a bigamist   
  9. [No bigamists in the tree that I can think of off the top of my head. At least one polygamist cousin]
  10.  Met all four of my grandparents [Grandpa Carlisle died when I was a month old]
  11.  Met one or more of my great-grandparents
  12. [All had died before I was born]
  13.  Named a child after an ancestor
  14. [Both my children are named for ancestors]
  15.  Bear an ancestor's given name/s
  16. [I was named for my great-grandmother, Charlotte T.K. Hollington Berry Sanders.
  17.  Have an ancestor from Great Britain or Ireland
  18. [Most of my ancestors were from the British Isles]
  19.  Have an ancestor from Asia
  20.  Have an ancestor from Continental Europe
  21. [Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands]
  22.  Have an ancestor from Africa
  23.  Have an ancestor who was an agricultural labourer
  24. [A long line of farmers]
  25.  Have an ancestor who had large land holdings 
  26. [Define large?]
  27.  Have an ancestor who was a holy man - minister, priest, rabbi
  28. [My granduncle was a Baptist minister]
  29.  Have an ancestor who was a midwife
  30. [I assume so. Anna Camfield Carlisle was called when a baby was coming but was never refered to specifically as a midwife]
  31.  Have an ancestor who was an author
  32. [Several cousins but no ancestors that I've discovered. I do have a DESCENDANT I'm quite proud of]
  33.  Have an ancestor with the surname Smith, Murphy or Jones
  34. [Susannah Smith, currenly lots of bricks by her name]
  35.  Have an ancestor with the surname Wong, Kim, Suzuki or Ng
  36.  Have an ancestor with a surname beginning with X
  37.  Have an ancestor with a forename beginnining with Z
  38. [Zerrababel Eager]
  39.  Have an ancestor born on 25th December
  40. [A DESCENDANT was]
  41. Have an ancestor born on New Year's Day
  42.  Have blue blood in your family lines
  43.  Have a parent who was born in a country different from my country of birth
  44.  Have a grandparent who was born in a country different from my country of birth
  45. [My paternal grandparents were born in Canada]
  46.  Can trace a direct family line back to the eighteenth century
  47.  Can trace a direct family line back to the seventeenth century or earlier
  48.  Have seen copies of the signatures of some of my great-grandparents
  49.  Have ancestors who signed their marriage certificate with an X
  50.  Have a grandparent or earlier ancestor who went to university
  51. [Grandma went to business school. Great-grandma went to Normal school]
  52.  Have an ancestor who was convicted of a criminal offense
  53.  Have an ancestor who was a victim of crime
  54.  Have shared an ancestor's story online or in a magazine (Tell us where)
  55. [Doesn't my blog count?]
  56.  Have published a family history online or in print (Details please)
  57.  Have visited an ancestor's home from the 19th or earlier centuries
  58. [Carlisle home, Buchanan, MI. It was torn down a few years sgo.]
  59.  Still have an ancestor's home from the 19th or earlier centuries in the family
  60.  Have a  family bible from the 19th Century
  61. [Cousin has the Bible, I'm happy to have photocopies]
  62.  Have a pre-19th century family bible

No comments: