Thursday, December 7, 2006

Dear Santa

In the past you've brought me lots of really wonderful presents. Thank-you, Thank-you!

The lap top computer was the best gift ever! I take it everywhere. The library, the clerks office, meetings with other researchers. I use to to organize the mountain of information I've found and to record everything I find. Heck I even use it for things that have nothing to do with genealogy!

The updated version of Family Tree Maker last year doesn't crash nearly as often as the old one and I'm happy about that, but it still can't seem to handle a file as large as mine. The Master Genealogist sounds really cool and I've been very good.

I love all of the books on CD that you've given me over the years. The Massachusetts VR set still comes in handy. The Wheeler and Glover genealogies are still favorite bedtime reading for me. There are 100's of others that I'd like, so go ahead and fill my stocking right up.

Since I can't always use my computer when I travel (because even the second battery that you brought me a couple of years ago isn't enough) I would really like some books. How about something written by Cousin Thomas? I enjoyed The Courage Place so I would really love to read A Time to Heal. Or another history written by Cousin Roscoe? I've already got the 1912 ed. of American History but any others would be great!

The scanner and digital camera you brought me have gotten lots of use. I've scanned old documents and pictures. I taken tons of headstone pictures and lots of pictures of the grandkids to pass down to their grandkids. Do you think you could bring me some writable CD's? I go through them at a phenomenal rate; you know how important backing everything up is!

The library in Syracuse is great and I'd really like to be able to spend some more time there but the parking is so expensive! I think the toe of my stocking is just the right size for a couple of rolls of quarters. Maybe you could also squeeze in a roll of dimes for copies!

I know that seems like an awful lot to ask for and you've already been so generous in the past. I saved the most important request for last. Even if you can't bring me anything else on my list could you please, please, please bring me a document showing who the parents of my 3rd great-grandfather William Wisner (1783-1877) were? Just a little scrap of paper. Please Santa, I've been looking for this for so long and it would mean sooooo much to me.

No comments: