Friday, June 13, 2008

Ella Hall to Annie Carlisle February 15, 1880






Feb 15th 1880

My dear Cousin,

I am going to write to you again if you do think I have forgotten you I speak about you often enough if I do not write but I am going to disappoint you now and let you see that I can write yet.

Have you heard from Deette yet? If not I suppose you have not heard that she is married and gone away she is at Arlington Columbia Co Wis that is her future home and her name is Mrs. W. R. Bullen. she says

Page 2

she likes it there ever so much.

You know I have been up to Uncle Wirts. and only have been home now four (4) months and want to go again. I was there two years. and like it ever so much up where he is and talk some of going back in the spring but I may not until fall. But I think if I wait until then I will not stop in Eau Claire long. but go out to Minnesota.

Uncle Wirt has just the nicest cutest little boy that ever was I think he will be three year old in June next and was sick for the most part of the first 18 months of his life.

Uncle Henry is here at our house now and likes to tease us girls just as well as he ever did. But I do not

Page 3

know as you remember him as well as we do.

We are having a real miserable winter here this winter nothing but mud. about Christmas we had a couple of weeks of quite fair sleighing but the Saturday after New Years I rained and it has not been real passable since to go anywhere afoot or in a wagon of any sort. if it was not muddy it was horrid rough so you see how I enjoy my winter at home don’t you I am right at home all the time.

There is nothing here to write about it is dull and if there is anything going on never hear of it until it is all

Page 4

over with so what is the use of hearing anything.

Well I will have to let this do for this time. Will try and do better next time.

Ever your cousin,

EL Hall

PS

I am almost ashamed to send this after waiting so long before writing to you

Ella


Lousie DeEtte Hall married William Kelsey Bullen on 3 January 1880 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.

Uncle Wirt was Marshall Wirt Wisner who lived in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. He married Anna Laura Akin in 1875. Their son, Murray Wirt Wisner was born 16 July 1877.

Uncle Henry was Henry S. Wisner, a life long bachelor. I have not located him on the 1880 census; he was not listed in William Hall's household at the time of the census. I have not followed up with Uncle Henry, I need to find several census records for him. He died 26 May 1907 in Seymour, Eau Claire County, Wisconsin.

For more see:
Carlisle - Wisner Letters
Family of William Wisner
Descendants of Maryetta Wisner
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner

Hall, Ella L (Fox Lake, Illinois) to “My dear Cousin” [Sarah Ann Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 15 February 1880. Digital Images 1-4. Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,] Snowville, New York. 2008. [Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1880, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan]

No comments: