Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sarah Ann Camfield, 15 March 1885






Noble Center March 15th 1885

well how are you all getting along I should like very much to hear I should have written before but I have been having a bad sel fore the last week or more and had so much to do and to see to that I have neglected it as I knew you was in as good hands as you could be I had to go yesterday to see about getting bills for the sale which will be the twenty fourth of this month tomorrow I have got to go to Bronson to get them and one day this week I will have to go to get my deed made out and pay for my 40 acre farm I can pay all except for 179 dollars I think we will not depend on you to help us move if you are well enough to help yourself we will be glad it wont be a big job to move

reverse

I did think we could get along alone but I shall not dare try I can get the woman that we but of to help me we bought of Mr Kaskes they was here last winter when you was I think
I suppose you thought it was a surprise to me but I had been looking for the news some time I looked the other paper through and almost thought I was mistaken
What does Frank say to the Baby is he pleased with it
we have had a verry cold snoy winter here and suppose it has been the same there it is snowing a gain this morning 16th what is babys name you must A for the middle letter or he will be an odd one as the rest all have

upside down, top of page

How is Mrs Strawsite and Lizy
from your Mother S A Camfield
write soon as you can


They are getting a farm! I don't know if Mike and Sarah had ever owned property before. Sarah was 67 at this time, a lot to take on at her age. Mike's birth date is in question but he was only 2-5 years younger than Sarah.

Daniel Michael Carlisle was born 19 February 1885, Buchanan, MI, Sarah Ann will refer to him as Baby in the next several letters.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Sarah Ann Wisner. (Noble Center, MI) “well how are you” [Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 15 March 1885. Digital Images 1-2. Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,] Snowville, New York. 2008. [Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1884 - 1886, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: