Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sarah Ann Camfield, 7 Feb 1885






Noble Center Feb 7th 1885

well Anna I suppose you wonder why you do not get aletter it is because I did not write one I send two papers I do not know as you care for them but I thought you and Mrs Carlisle might like to read about the state school I wrote you we had bought aplace but we are not going to have it we have given it up we have another in view but will say nothing about it until I know shure that we have it
Father and I have been quite well all winter I have been better than for 3 or 4 years I have had no help since september I wash and iron and all have just cut and made myself a dress wil send you a piece 10cts per yard

reverse

Frankey Grandma and Grandpa are glad you got so many nice prents Christmas they wanted to send you some thing but did not have time to tend to it now I think you like little kitties so much I will send you a pretty one



Sad that they didn't get the new farm.

Mrs Carlisle refers to Anna's mother-in-law, Hannah Glover Carlisle


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Sarah Ann Wisner. (Noble Center, MI) “well Anna” [Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 2 February 1885. Digital Images 1-2. Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,] Snowville, New York. 2008. [Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1884 - 1886, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: