For Saturday Night Fun this weekend, please find answers to these questions:
1) What day of the week were you born? Tell us how you found out.
2) What has happened in recorded history on your birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events.
Well I was born on a Wednesday. I found out that Wednesday's child is full woe! back in October when footnote Maven posted Nursery Lore. She provided the same link that Randy had earlier this week.
Here are five events from history that happened on my birthday. Many of you will figure out the date without having to click any links.
1. Catherine of Aragon was born in 1485. 1st wife of Henry VIII she found herself divorced but kept her head.
2. I was born on the same day as Ludwig van Beethoven. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a correlation between the date and musical genius.
3. There was a big Tea Party in 1773 but I don't believe any of my ancestors were able to attend.
4. The Great Fire of New York City started on my day in 1835. Believed to have perished in the inferno was my cousin (1st, 5x rem.) David Carlisle 1771-1835.
5. In 1965 Pioneer VI was launched while Gemini VI returned to earth. I was fascinated by the space program when I was a child.