Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sarah Ann Camfield, 7 Aug 1892 (2)





Noble august 7th 1892

Dear Children

I suppose you wonder why you do not get aletter from me it is because I have been so buisy I did not write one we have harvesting and haying and cleaning house I have got my new carpet wove on the floor and have papered the room and my bedroom so we look pretty clean and nice just now I dont know how long it will last I have raised 16 young turkies this summer I have I ought to have 100 but have not I keep track of them as I used to Fred was home last sunday went back monday morning we has aletter from Rosa yesterday she said they were well
I have written to her today

page 2

this is apiece of my wall paper I did not any of the border left so cant send it

this is a pice of my new dress and sunbonet of the same

write soon and come when you can

S A Camfield

Sarah's letter to Rose was posted yesterday. If Sarah has new wallpaper and a new dress things must have been pretty good in 1892!

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Sarah Ann (Noble, MI) to “Dear Children”
[Sarah Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 7 August 1892. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1891 - 1893,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: