Monday, March 9, 2009

Sarah Ann Camfield, 18 April 1896



Noble April 18th 1896

Dear Children I am allmost ashamed to write it is so long since I ought to have written I have talked about it so much but it quite a job for me to write but if when I think of it would go at it would not be as bad we are well as usual now I have abad cough
Father and I had the grip awhile ago when he got over hat then his legs got sore like they was 4 or five years ago not so bad as they was then but he is better now so he is plowing they are sowing Oats this afternoon Fred is sowing and Father is draging I dont know what we should do with out Fred I seemed to get over it now it has come back worse than before but amfeeling better this after noon I have not written to Josephs folks since I wrote to you so you know it is along time

2

we have two or three days nice spring weather we are glad to see it we are going to put out eighteen acres of corn on Mr Williams place this spring about eight on our own if the Lord is willing we have about 19 acres of wheat on Bogarduses farm we dont put any corn on his place this year you asked setting (x hen) I have one that has set it will be three weeks friday and 2 more have set about aweek we have 2 Cows anither one growing she is most one year old we have 2 big hogs and we had nineteen little pigs but they all died but seven

14th I am feeling better I washed and baked pies this forenoon and went sown to Mr Richardson

tel Mrs Strawsite when you see her I would so much like to see her but never expect to not in this world

[the remaining two pages are blank]



Sarah didn't finish the letter. I suspect that Mike or Fred was going by the post office so she just sent it rather than finish it.


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Sarah Ann (Noble, MI) to “Dear Children”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 18 April 1896 Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1896,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: