Friday, April 3, 2009

Clara Wood, Oct 26, 1898



Dansville New York.
Oct 26. 1898

Dear friend

I thought I would write you a few lines in will letter to apologise for not coming up before I left I would of liked to of come up before I left but I couldent find time we were so busy. We have had auful rainy weather ever since we been here. I fond my folks all well. We are all well except colds. We have got settled now but dont seem like home yet but I guess it will after we have been here longer. We are going

page 2

to try and go home t__as. Harald says he lives in Buchana he remembers ever body there. Georgie has cut two teeth is trying to stand up on his feet a good deal. Give my love to toll and her mother and that I would like to see them. I suppose tamberson goes to school Harald speaks of her everyday

Well I guess that will be all for this time hoping that it will find you all well.

Your truly
Clara Wood


Clara must have been a neighbor of Anna and Ashley. There is also a letter from her husband, William, which will appear tomorrow. So far I have not located them on the 1900 census. There are no listings for the surname Wood in the DiBean's Marraige index for Berrien Couny, MI.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Wood, Clara (Dansville, NY) to “Dear friend”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 26 Octiber 1898. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1898,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: