Thursday, April 30, 2009

Etola Robinson, March 18, 1899 (2)




(99)

South Bend Ind. March 18

Dear Annie: I recd. your letter and was very glad to hear from you and that your mother is better I was afraid you were going to suffer a double bereavment and one at a time is bad enough.

I hated to come away while you were gone but I thought Lib would see after the children all right and I knew you would not want me to mis the chance.

This is mothers birth day have you thought of it? Wednesday will be Fathers.

page 2

get possible. Do you know I have forgotten Lillies's name? expect we will go over to Mishawaka some day and maby I could find her if I could think of her name.

I went to see Magesea Paly Mary Sturet since I wrote you and it was fine well I huess that is all this time maby I will have more to write about next time.

write soon and tell me all the news

yours Toley


Lib was Anna's neighbor, Elizabeth Vorhees.

I think Lillie refers to Ashley's niece, Lillian M. Carlisle Ghrist but I'm not certain.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield

Robinson, Toley (South Bend, IN) to “Dear Annie”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 18 March 1899. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, Jan - Mar 1899,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: