Thursday, September 10, 2009

Daniel M Carlisle, Sept 9, 1902

The next letter was written by my grandfather. In general I am not publishing letters that have not passed out of copyright, however this one was so short I decided to share it rather than try and paraphrase it.



Riverside Pasture
Sept 11, 1902

Tamerson gave me a visit on the R.R. to day. I hope that you are well and happy. Stay as long as you want to. The 2 grandmas and us are getting along pretty well. I had a job offered me on the M.B.H.+C Rail Road at 1.25 per day. I did not except it. I have heard from my gun but do not expect to receive it for two wks.

page 2

What is the new babies name and has she got Red hair. Write soon for I am ancious to hear from you. Good by and excuse poor writing for I am sitting on the bleu rock this side of the little Bridge and holding the paper in my hand.

Ever Yours
Daniel


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Carlisle, Daniel Michael (Buchanan, MI) to “Tamerson gave me”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 11 September 1902. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, Apr – Dec 1902,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: