Friday, September 25, 2009

Francis Ashley Carlisle, Dec 25, 1903



Hartford Mich
Dec 25 '03

Dear Mother + All.

Recieved both your present + letter today + was glad to hear from you once more. I had written long ago to both Daniel + you but I guess you never recieved them. Many thanks for your kind remembrance of us. I had hoped to send you some little gift of remembrance too but we were financially short this christmas + so unable to do so. but remember that we love you all ___ same old way even if we have

page 2

no money just now. My work goes nicely + we hope for great things from the Lord.

Lillie came yesterday for a visit. was glad to see her.

We are all well + recieved many presents especially silver + glass ware. have not counted them yet.

This is the sixth letter I have written this evening + am so tired + sleepy that I can hardly keep awake. so you must take the will for the deed if I can see to write no longer tonight.

Love to all.
Frank

I believe that Lillie refered to Mamie's sister, Lillian Carlisle Ghrist. She lived in or near Mishawaka, IN at this time as far as I can tell.


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Carlisle, Frank Ashley (Hartford, MI) to “Dear Mother and All”
[Sarah Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 25 December 1903. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1903-1904,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: