Sunday, February 7, 2010

3rd Annual iGene Awards

The nominations have been made, the votes tallied and it is time to roll out the red carpet for the iGene Awards.

The nominees for Best Picture are........
And the winner is.......
  • Winter in Pictures! Winter in Pictures was written for the 64th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy, Winter Photo Essay. It easily won the Best Picture Award for the pure joy captured in the 5th photo in the set.

 The nominees for Best Screen Play are.......
And the winner is.......
  • Time on the Farm! Time on the Farm was written for the 73rd edition of the Carnival of Genealogy which was hosted here at Apple's Tree. All my grandchildren will have parts so they can experience farm life as I did. Nikki will get the lead because she loves horses. Mike will play the part of one of my cousins so he can fearlessly climb to the top of the tobacco barn. The part of my father will have to be played by my son, BJ, as he is the only one to have inherited Dad's bald head. We'll have to think long and hard on who should play the part of my step-mother. For the sake of the safety of the actors we'll need a pony that won't bolt and a cow that doesn't kick!

The nominees for Best Documentary are......
And the winner is.......
  • Buchanan Fire of 1862! Written for the 77th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy, Disaster, Buchanan Fire of 1862 told the tale of a fire that affected my ancestors directly. This will be a big budget production with scenes of the fire and the destitute family in it's aftermath along with  a cut away shot of a war weary Hannah sitting in a Civil War Post Hospital, surrounded by injured soldiers, opening her letter and seeing the warning Unpleasant News.

The nominees for Best Biography are......
And the winner is......
  • Rose! Written for the 85th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy, Orphans and Orphans, Rose told the sad the story of my great-grandmother and how she was effectively an orphan despite the fact that both her parents were alive and well.

The nominees for Best Comedy are.....
And the winner is......
  • Dad's Campfire Songs! Written as my take on one of Randy's Saturday Night Fun prompts, this post was a double winner. The songs were funny and so was Jasia's reaction when she read it! Be sure to read her comment for a good laugh.

Here at Apple's Tree there is a new award this year, Best Infomercial. Which was my best how to tip that I shared in 2009? The nominees are.....
And the winner is........
  • Ancestry's Member Connect! This was written when I saw several negative posts on a feature that I was quite happy with. I'm pleased with the presentation I made and hope that it cleared up some points.

And that concludes this edition of the iGene Awards. I want to thank our hostess, Jasia, at Creative Gene for throwing out the Red Carpet again this year!

Written for the 90th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy.

3 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

Apple, this was a great stroll down memory lane! There were many posts I remembered enjoying this year; it's hard to pick a favorite, but I really loved your post on Rose. Also loved the "Infomercial" addition - and I agree on Ancestry's Member Connect - it seems to be showing real potential. You can really be proud of your blog accomplishments in 2010!

footnoteMaven said...

Apple, as I read through I tried not to read the winners and see if my favorite posts made it. I was so cheering for Rose. It is a winner!

But I must disagree with the Infomercial (love the category BTW). The winner is Apple's Apple Butter. We in Washington know and love our Apples. And this means you!

-fM

J.M. said...

Great posts. I liked the biographies very much, but I think my favorite posts (which in my opinion should've won!) is post about creating a blog index. That's definitely something I want to do in the near future.