Sunday, April 25, 2010

May love and laughter light your days...

May love and laughter light your days
and warm your heart and home
May good and faithful friends be yours
wherever you may roam
May peace and plenty bless your world
with love that long endures
May all life's passing seasons bring
the best to you and yours



Although I have never really enjoyed poetry much, I occasionally run across something that touches me. Many years ago I ran across an Irish blessing in a local paper that I really liked and clipped it. I had been cross stitching for a couple of years and wanted to try my hand at working on linen and creating my own design. The blessing seemed perfect. As you can see, the design was simple and the work not prefect. I framed it myself and it is not blocked perfectly. Yet it remains to this day one of my favorite pieces and one of the few pieces of my work that I have kept for myself. It has hung near an entrance to my last three homes so that the blessing may be passed to friends upon leaving.



Written for the 19th edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture to be hosted by Lisa at Small-leaved Shamrock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, this is lovely. I love cross-stitching as well! Like you, I give many away to friends and family, but keep a few for myself. This is a beautiful blessing.

FranE said...

I love the Irish Blessings they are always uplifting. How creative to create your own design.
Thanks!