Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Laura M Warner, 20 October 1912





Bronson Oct, 20V /12

My Dear Friend

I will try and write afiew lines to thank you for the presants you sent us. which was unexpected they are very nice we think, they got here that day intime to be layed on the table with the other presents Perhaps Libbie has told you I dont know as she knows all, a number of usefull articles be sides six 5.00 gold pises and one 2.50 that making 37.50 paper and silver to make it 48.50

Page 2

and thare was 55 that eat dinner besides Libbies baby it rained a bout half the forenoon which made it bad for people to come. I had six cousins from Cleveland Ohio which I had very good visits with. near whare I was born and raised one of the ladies was 78 years while she was here they stayed a week to visit with our children and my sister inlaws, beside Minnie & Libbie & Minnie left yesterday supose she got home about 3 oclock to day

Page 3

We had a very nice time but the visits from Minnie & Libbie were verry short, We are as well as common, My niece is here yet with me she is from Sheboygan Wis, must close with love and best wishes
from Laura M, Warner
Write again sometime



For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Sarah Ann Wisner Camfield, 1817-1912
Michael Camfield




Warner, Laura M (Bronson, Michigan) to “My Dear Friend”
[Sarah Ann Camfield Carlisle] Letter. 20 Oct 1912. Digital Images 1-3.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Orlando, Florida. 2011.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1912,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

1 comment:

Dorene from Ohio said...

So interesting! It is wonderful that your these family treaures!