Friday, May 6, 2011

Mabel Camfield Marsh, 28 February 1912



132 Windsor Ave Windsor
Feb 28th 1912

Dear Aunt Anna:-

It is just a week since I received your letter and I was certainly surprised when I read it. then I received one from Mother telling me about the girls seeing you at the depot. We had a terrible blizard here about that time I hope you wen't out in it I can't relize that poor grandma has gone I know she was ready to go. I expect it is lonesome at your place with out her. you have been used to having some one there, as long almost, as I can remember. it will seem strange to just have your own family. Are you folks all well? This seems to be our month as many things have have happened in February. This has been a very cold winter and O will be glad when spring comes again eggs are 40 cts a dozen they were as high as 45 cts. butter is 38 ct. I dont suppose you have to pay that much. I must close now write when you can . Love to all Mabel



For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Sarah Ann Wisner Camfield, 1817-1912
Michael Camfield



Marsh, Mabel Camfield (Windsor, Ontario) to “Dear Aunt Anna”
[Sarah Ann Camfield Carlisle] Letter. 28 Feb 1912. Digital Image.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Orlando, Florida. 2011.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1912,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: