Saturday, December 22, 2007

My Advent Calendar

December 22 - Christmas Grab Bag
Author’s choice.
Please post from a topic that helps
you remember Christmases past!


This is my Advent Calendar. I made it in the early 1990's when I was a member of Limerick Home Bureau in Akron, NY. The women in that chapter were wonderful to me and made me feel welcome when I was new to the community. Many of the ornaments on my tree were also gifts from this group of women. I've been a member of several different chapters and I am a past chairman of both Orleans and Onondaga Counties but when I think about Home Bureau my fondest memories are of the Limerick group and our meetings in an old one room school house.

My kids would alternate days adding ornaments to the tree. These days I'm a bit senile so when the grandkids come they update the tree to reflect the correct number of ornaments for me.


An Advent Calendar
count down to Christmas!

Who else is participating?

Visit Thomas at
Destination: Austin Family
and get the details!

3 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

That's a great advent calendar! I've never made one... Something for me to do next year, I guess :)

Take care and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

JEWELGIRL said...

I like your home made advent
calendar. I hope it has pockets
for treats!!

Lee said...

After seeing your mention of the Limerick Home Bureau in several posts now, I am compelled to ask, what is that? Have you written a post about it that I missed, or haven't gotten to yet?