Monday, February 18, 2008

Housekeeping

Last week was one of those stressful winter weeks were I couldn't seem to get much accomplished and had an inability to write, or at least write well. I'm not happy with what I wrote about Sgt. Van Orman's sad homecoming but it affected me deeply so please take a look anyway. It was one of those cases where I wasn't sure where to post it.

Saturday I visited my sister and tried to help her set up google reader. She still has dial-up. Have you ever watched paint dry? DSL has just become a possibility for her and I hope she can get hooked up soon. But it occurred to me that if she has trouble loading my pages other might too so I have shortened the number of posts on my page to three so there isn't so much to load. I am also using widgets in my sidebar when possible in the hopes that that will help the page load faster.

I am using google reader to generate my blogrolls. My sister pointed out a couple of links that I didn't switch over. I think I have things right now but if I've left you off please let me know!

Terry alerted me that my email was bouncing last week. There was a three day period where I didn't get notification about comments too. This morning my cousin let me know that emails were also bouncing from my other aim account. I'll get a button up with my gmail address soon but meanwhile it's Apple194. If you did send something and it bounced please do try again. It's odd because I was receiving mail, just not all of it.

To address the comment notification problem I have subscribed to my comments so they now show up in my reader. I didn't know how to do this but I noticed that by accessing my dashboard through blogger in draft I could add subscription buttons for both posts and comments in one easy step. A couple of other new features at blogger in draft are a blogroll generator (I like the google option better) and the ability to schedule your posts. I haven't tried that yet but it would have been handy back in December!

2 comments:

Terry Thornton said...

Apple, Thank you for calling our attention to your post, With Our Hands Over Our Hearts. It is, in my opinion, one of the best articles you have posted. Thank you for writing it. It is a sad story --- but I'll remember your telling of it forever.
Regards,
Terry Thornton
Fulton, Mississippi

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Thanks Terry. It was very sad and there seemed to be so much more that happened in those few short minutes that I wasn't able to put into words.