Here is your SNGF assignment for the evening (if you choose to accept it - this is not stump the genealogist or even Mission Impossible):
1) List your 16 great-grandparents in pedigree chart order. List their birth and death years and places.
2) Figure out the dominant ethnicity or nationality of each of them.
3) Calculate your ancestral ethnicity or nationality by adding them up for the 16 - 6.25% for each (obviously, this is approximate).
4) If you don't know all 16 of your great-grandparents, then do it for the last full generation you have.
5) Write your own blog post, or make a comment on Facebook or in this post.
Listing them all out shows me where I have some holes to fill.
16. Thomas David Berry was born 8 Sept 1821 in Blockley, Worcestershire, England and died 4 May 1907 in or near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. On 4 August 1851, in Blockley Parish, Worcestershire, England, he married......
17. Jane Rawlings was born 8 September 1830 in Bourton on the Hill, Gloucestershire, England and died 20 September 1914 in or near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
18. James Hollington was married 7 August 1845 in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada and died 31 August 1923 Nepean, Carleton, Ontario, Canada. On 27 April 1868, in St Mathews, Quebec City, Canada, he married..........
19. Sarah Ann Ross was born 1848 in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada and died 21 June 1882 in Ottawa, Carleton, Ontario, Canada.
20. Michael Kelly was born about 1822 in Ireland and died between 1870 and 1880 most likely in Adams, Jefferson, NY. It appears he may have immigrated to Canada prior to moving to the USA. It is not know when or where he married..........
21. Mary is missing her maiden name! She was born Aug 1830 and died in 1901 or 1902 in Adams, Jefferson, NY.
22. James M. White was born November 1824 in Dalhousie Twp, Lanark, Ontario, Canada and died 20 May 1907 in Dalhousie Twp, Lanark, Ontario, Canada. On 31 December 1855, at at the Manse of Dalhousie by James Geggie, Minister, ............
23. Isabella Craig was in 1826 in Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland. She died 1 October 1908 in Watson's Corners, Dalhousie Twp, Lanark, Ontario, Canada.
24. Daniel Carlisle was born 22 September 1797 in Westmoreland, Cheshire, New Hampshire and died 31 March 1872 in Buchanan, Berrien, Michigan. He married 1st Louisa Glover. He married 2nd, Hannah Lewis Glover, sister of Louisa.
25. Louisa Lambert Glover was born 24 December 1801 in Dedham, Norfolk, Massachusetts and died 1851 in Cass, Michigan.
26/28. Michael Camfield was born 15 March 1822 in Germany and died 18 February 1899 in Batavia, Branch, Michigan. About 1845 in Onondaga, New York he married.........
27/29. Sarah Ann Wisner was born 9 October 1817 in Onondaga, New York and died February 1912 in Buchanan, Berrien, Michigan.
Pearl Camfield married her cousin Ashley Carlisle which explains the above double entries. However Sarah Ann Camfield was actually the adopted daughter of Michael Camfield and Sarah Ann Wisner. I have very little hope of ever learning who her biological parents but I've had fun trying.
30. James M. Graham was born about 1825 in Ohio and died 28 October 1897 in Hoyle, Woods, OK. On 22 Aug 1844, in Delaware, Indiana he married Elizabeth Doughty. She divorced him in 1855.
31. Elizabeth Doughty was born 1826 in Fort Comfort, Virginia and died 05 Jan 1880 in Niles, Berrien, Michigan.
My ancestors came from Great Britain with just a few exceptions. Michael Camfield was from Germany and there is a drop or two of Dutch and Swiss ancestry in the 1600's.
For nationalities I have 5 from the USA, 3 from Canada, 2 from England, 2 from Ireland, 1 from Scotland and 1 from Germany plus 2 unknown.