Saturday, March 20, 2010

Surname Saturday - Glover

Early this month, Brenda, at Journey to the Past, posted her Surname Saturday - Glover. Through the comments we discovered that we are cousins. That got me back to looking at my Glover lines and I reconnected with another cousin, in Pittsburgh. (She doesn't have a blog, but she writes very well and should start one!)

Here is my line:

Thomas Glover, 1569-1619, Lancashire, England
> Henry Glover, 1603-1655, Lancashire, England > Norfolk County, MA
>>Henry Glover, c. 1641-1714, Norfolk County, MA
>>>Edward Glover, 1641-1745, Norfolk County, MA
>>>>Henry Glover, 1732-1800, Norfolk County, MA
>>>>>David Glover, 1775-1852, Norfolk County, MA > Cass County, MI
>>>>>>Louisa Lambert Glover, 1801-1851, Norfolk Co., MA > Cass Co., MI
>>>>>>>Isaac Ashley Carlisle, 1842-1929, Cass Co, MI > Berrien Co, MI
>>>>>>>>Daniel Michael Carlisle, 1885-1960, Berrien Co, MI
>>>>>>>>>Mom
>>>>>>>>>>Me

My Cousins:
Thomas Glover
>Henry Glover
>>Henry Glover
>>>Henry Glover
>>>>Thomas Glover
>>>>>Alexander Glover
>>>>>>Samuel Stillman Glover
Their lines diverge here.

Their ancestor, Alexander Glover, and my ancestor, David Glover were second cousins. Both lived in Conway, Hampshire, MA at the same time and both moved to Phelps, Ontario, NY about the same time. Many descendants of both men moved further west to Michigan.

I would be happy to connect with any other Glover cousins.


My previous posts on the Glover family:

Hannah Lewis Glover Carlisle

Tamesin Hall Glover

Tombstone Tuesday - David Glover

Tombstone Tuesday - Orville B Glover

Lather, Rinse, Repeat
Some Cass County, MI burials

Need a Wife? Send for a Glover!

Laura CARTER - Surrogate Record
Tamesin Hall married David Glover
Ruhama Hall married Philander Glover

Memories on Monday - Winter Sidewalks (Jay Glover)


Bookmarks:

A twentieth century history of Cass County, Michigan (1906), by Lowell H Glover

Alexander & Sarah (Salisbury) Headstone 

Alexander and Sarah (Salisbury) Glover Family @WeRelate

David and Tamesin (Hall) Glover Family @WeRelate

Glover DNA Project

Glover Family Genealogy Forum 

Glover Memorials and Genealogies, By Anna Glover @ Google Books


Glover Memorials and Genealogies, By Anna Glover @ Internet Archive

Glover Message Board

Linkpendium Glover Family

Mt Hope Cemetery Records, Rochester, NY

Quarter Century Memorial, By Livingston Maturin Glover

The Glovers of LaSalle Co., Illinois

The New England historical and genealogical register, Volume 68
Dorchester First Baptist Church Records

4 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Apple, I can't believe I don't share this Glover line with you and Brenda. Darn. When I wrote Brenda last week, she had to break that news to me!

Lisa Swanson Ellam said...

I have an Alice Glover in my family tree. She was born about 1760 in Lancashire, England and married my John Ellam in 1780 in Winwick, Lancashire. Sadly, I don't go any further back so I don't know her parents names.

Brenda Leyndyke said...

Thanks for posting on the Glover's, I will have to check out your bookmarks.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Barbara - I've tripped over your line a time or three! I'm certain we connect somewhere back in New England.

Lisa, Our Glover's were from Rainhill, Prescott, Lancashire but a century earlier. I wish I could say I've done some research on the family in England.

Brenda - I hope you find some of the links interesting