Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Crooked Lake Review

I spent much of the day looking for articles on the history of the salt works in Syracuse, NY. One of my searches took me to The Crooked Lake Review. They have an amazing number of articles on central and western New York history.
THE CROOKED LAKE REVIEW is a local history quarterly for
the Conhocton, Canisteo, Tioga, Chemung and Genesee River Valleys,
and for the Finger Lakes and Lake Ontario Regions.

There is a search box at the top of the page to help you find articles in the 142 issues of the magazine. I got side tracked by other articles about Syracuse. There is a wealth of information on the Erie Canal. There are several articles about the Clinton House in Rochester that I want to read. Oh, and there are several articles on the salt industry, too!

No comments: