Tuesday, March 18, 2008

1,000+

I've fallen a wee bit behind here in Snowville. My mother has had a round of what seems like endless doctor appointments. There really have not been that many appointments, it just feels that way because so many had to be rescheduled due to the weather. Her medical problems have gotten noticeably worse over the last few months and it has been a bit of a battle to get her the care and medicines she needs. We finally resolved the medication issues and got the doctor to order the oxygen service she needs yesterday. She wants to stay in her own home for as long as possible and we are doing our best to keep her there. The snow is a long way from melting but spring activities and classes are filling my calendar.

1,000+ was the number of items unread in my feed reader this morning. Almost half of those were genealogy or history blog posts! You all have been busy!!! I now know how Lee felt a while back. I've missed three carnivals that I had planned to take part in and some fun memes await my attention. I hope to get caught up with everyone before I leave for Michigan next month and maybe even write a little bit too!

10 comments:

Thomas MacEntee said...

You're a great daughter - and don't worry, Spring really is just around the corner. Seriously.

Edith said...

Question: a while ago I was on one of your blogs and found a link to a great site that gave you questions to write about. I bookmarked it but my computer dumped all my favorites and I can't remember what it was called. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

edith

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Thomas,
Thanks, it's been a tough few weeks. With snow in the forecast and 18" still on the ground I'm not betting on Spring for awhile.

Apple

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Edith,

I'm not sure which one you bookmarked. Try Miriam's prompts. Back in October Juliana Smith had a weekly 5 question challenge and she also had a link to another site. I hope it was one of these two that you were looking for.

Apple

Lori Thornton said...

I had 500+ tonight. I'm visiting my parents and the town's wireless was acting up last night so tonight I'm having to do double duty. Of course, some of those are newspaper feeds so it isn't as bad as it sounds!

Edith said...

Thanks...I'm pretty sure it was the weekly 5 question challenge I had bookmarked...Miriam's prompts looks interesting as well.

JEWELGIRL said...

Glad your back, we'll missed you.
Family first always! Hope to see
you soon! :)

TK said...

Oh, my! And I thought my 650-post pile-up was bad!

Hope all will go well for your mom now, Apple. I'm sure she appreciates your help.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Lori, JewelGirl, & TK,

Thanks for stopping by and for the support. Hopefully the next week will get me caught up!

Edith,
Miriam's prompts are great for journaling.

Janice said...

Charlotte,

As daughters, we are often the ones who take on the responsibility of being caregivers for our parents... and sometimes that means that certain tasks end up taking a back seat. 1000+ posts would stress even a speed reader!

Janice