Saturday, September 27, 2008

Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture: Back to School Edition

Lisa has posted the Back to School Edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture at Small-leaved Shamrock. This was a great edition for me to participate in because I have become very wrapped up in transcribing letters. Taking a step back to look at some of my other lines to see where I am and where I need to go will help me get back on track. I also hope that by following the research of other participants I will gain some tips that will help me eventually make the leap back to Ireland.

The next edition, "Luck of the Irish": Superstitions and the Irish people, will be hosted by Bill West at West in New England.
Halloween (or Samhain as it was known among the ancient Celts) is approaching and what better time to tell us about your family’s Irish superstitions? Perhaps you have stories about strange coincidences and events that might have been passed down by your Irish relatives, or even know of some favorite legend or haunted place in Ireland. Share them with us in the next edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture.

Deadline for submissions for the Irish Superstitions edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture is October 25th. The carnival will be published at West in New England on October 31. See you there!



Hmmm. My family isn't a very superstitious lot so this one will take some thought.

No comments: