Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sarah Ann Camfield, Oct/Nov 1880




You sent pieces of new dresses
while you was in the dress business
why did you not make two or three
I have had only 1 dress made since
you made one for me on the Gates
place Mrs Bogardus made the
calico one she gave me when we
live on the Boil farm that is all
I have had I guess you wil think
I kned a some one to make me some
that dark calico one you made
for me when I was at your house is
my dress up one it has never been
washed it is the only whole one I have



I guess only having a couple of dresses wasn't unheard of but I can't put into words how incredibly sad this made me.

This scrap of paper was found between Sarah's letters om Oct 18 and Nov 12, 1880.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield
Henry Bogardus, Shirt-tail Cousin



Camfield, Sarah Ann Wisner. (Noble Center, MI) “You sent pieces of new dresses” to [Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Note. Undated, found between letters dated 18 October 1880 and 12 November 1880. Digital Image. Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,] Snowville, New York. 2008. [Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1880, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: