Sunday, December 7, 2008

Frances Baldwin, 10 Jan 1882






Ganges Mich.
Jan. 10th 1882
Dear Friend Anna:
I was very glad to hear that Frank Leonard was no friend of your. I showed the letter I got from him to Pa and he said the no young man but some silly scamp would do such a thing. He sent 2 cards. I shall not correspond with no such a person. I am in school today. I study. Fifth Reader, Spelling Arithmetic Physical Geo. Grammar and Mathematical Geo. Our school lasts 3 moths after this. The snow is all gone

page 2

It has been raining very hard and melted it all away. I am in Proportion in my Arithmatic almost through the book. They have been having the itch at Plummerville, There have been a few cases in Diptheria in cas co. Well I cannot think of anything more to write it os noon now and I’ll have something more to write for the next time. Tell Ash.. not to find any more soft Beaux for me.
Your friend,
Frances
Baldwin



It sounds like Ashley may have been playing matchmaker! Frank L. Leonard, born abt 1855 was living with his parents, Stephen and June in Buchanan at the time of the 1880 census.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield



Baldwin, Frances. (Ganges, MI) to “Dear Friend Anna” [Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 10 January 1882. Digital Images 1-2. Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,] Snowville, New York. 2008. [Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1882 - 1883, Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: