Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sarah Ann Camfield, 3 Nov 1893





Noble nov 3d 1893

well I dont know but you think I am not going to write to you any more but I have been very will this fall and have bee putting it off we are going to Bronson this afternoon so thought would write alittle I am trying to make me a dress have ben trying to fix up for winter am getting pretty along

I ahve raised quite alot of poultry I sold 25 chickens the other that weighed 144 pounds think we have [?] to sell they will not be as large we have 30 turkeys to sell and six pigs that will 100 apeace then we have done selling for this fall I am not making any butter only what we use nor wont before the 1 of Febuary so I wont have so much to do nor so much coming in

page 2

Father is husking corn he thinks he is half done but will not have a Crib full by a goodeal we have so much to feed but the pigs and poultry will be gone pretty soon our corn was pretty good but not a verry good crop

I supose Fred will be home in about three weeks his time will be out we slod old Nelly for 10 dollars so now we have only jen and the colt for ateam the colt is as steady as an old horse

my hands are so lame it is hard work for me to write or sew or any thing rheumatism I suppose

tell Ashley I dont think he made much improvement on his name when he changed it to Cowlish

M and S A Camfield


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Sarah Ann (Noble, MI) “well I dont know”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 3 Nov 1893 Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1891 - 1893,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: