Saturday, April 4, 2009

William Wood, Oct 26, 1898



Dansville liv. co.
Oct 26 1898

friend Ashly

I promised you a letter When I got to my arrival We got there all Wright our goods came all Write nothing broke I hade good luck geting a gob We are having some rain dansville is a nice town how is Buchanan are they doing any thing their
Harild sads to tell Tamberson that he is a good boy he is coming to her house som day

page 2

Well I dont know of much to write this time.
hope you ar all well how is frank geting a long.
Well I hent quit ready to come back yet I will let you know in tim so you and miller can get your colection to gether you know what c. d. kent said.
Well this all for this time.
Cllara will write a few lins

good by from your neighbor
Wm Wood

I have no further information on the Wood's or C.D. Kent.


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield

Wood, William (Dansville, NY) to “Friend Ashly”
[Isaac Ashley Carlisle]. Letter. 26 October 1898. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1898,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

2 comments:

GrannyPam said...

They went to Dansville? I haven't looked at the county formation maps for that area, but Dansville is in Ingham county these days. Been through there quite a bit, very rural, even these days. Howell, in Livingston county, isn't too far. The county seat of Ingham, Mason is close by there, too.

Tipper said...

Interesting-makes you wonder where the Woods got to.