Sunday, May 31, 2009

SNGF on Sunday Morning

I thought I join in on Randy's fun this week.

Every genealogy researcher has to have a little fun, so climb onboard the Saturday Night Genealogy Fun express and enjoy the ride.

For this week's SNGF, please do this:

1. Go to the www.PaulSadowski.com web site.

2. Read his Bad Jokes page. What was the first one that popped up?

3. Click on his Birthday Calculator link. What are five Fun Facts you didn't know about your birthday?

4. Click on the "what your name means" link. What are your Number, your Soul Urge number and your Inner Dream number? Do the descriptions of your numbers match your perception of yourself? Note - females need to enter their birth name, not married name.

5. Tell the world your answers (with as much privacy protection as you wish) in a blog post or in comments to this post.

Enjoy!!! You can even do your spouse and kids, huh? Find out anything useful there?


2. Bad Joke - An oldie and not the worst I've ever heard:

A young couple gets married, and the groom asks his bride if he can have a dresser drawer of his own that she will never open. The bride agrees. After 30 years of marriage, she notices that his drawer has been left open. She peeks inside and sees 3 golf balls and $1,000.

She confronts her husband and asks for an explanation. He explains 'Every time I was unfaithful to you, I put a golf ball in the drawer.' She figures 3 times in 30 years isn't bad and asks 'But what about the $1,000?' He replied 'Whenever I got a dozen golf balls, I sold them'


3. Five fun facts about my birthday:
  1. Your Native American Zodiac sign is Owl; your plant is Mistletoe. (That's why I collect owls!)
  2. You are 1,560,720,967 seconds old.(No wonder I'm tired all the time.)
  3. Top songs: Mack the Knife by Bobby Darin; Venus by Frankie Avalon; Smoke Gets in Your Eyes by The Platters and Lonely Boy by Paul Anka.(A great year for music!)
  4. The moon's phase on the day you were born was waning gibbous. (Waning whatous? At least it wasn't a full moon.)
  5. Your lucky day is Thursday. Today is not one of your lucky days! (OK, I'll wait until Thursday to buy my lottery tickets this week.)
4. My number is 1. The characteristics of #1 are: Initiating action, pioneering, leading, independent, attaining, individual.

A number 1 Expression denotes the skilled executive with keen administrative capabilities. (I'm a peon.) You must develop the capacity to be a fine leader, sales executive, or promoter. (I lead the parade every September, does that count?) You have the tools to become an original person with a creative approach to problem solving, and a penchant for initiating action. (Along with a talent for getting shot down!) Someone may have to follow behind you to handle the details, but you know how to get things going and make things happen. (Give me a plan and I'll handle the details.) You have a good mind and the ability to use it for your advancement. (Should have stopped with a good mind.) Because of these factors, you have much potential for achievement and financial rewards. (LOL) Frequently, this expression belongs to one running a business or striving to achieve a level of accomplishment on ones talents and efforts. (I do mind my own business.) You have little need for much supervision, preferring to act on your own with little restraint. (When working with children restraint is necessary.) You are both ambitious and determined. Self-confident and self-reliant must be yours, as you develop a strong unyielding will and the courage of your convictions. (Yup, my way or the highway.)

The negative attributes of the 1 Expression are egotism and a self-centered approach to life. This is an aggressive number and if it is over-emphasized it is very hard to live with. You do not have to be overly aggressive to fulfill your destiny. The 1 has a natural instinct to dominate and to be the boss; adhering to the concept of being number One. Again, you do not have to dominate and destroy in order to lead and manage. (Ouch!)

My Soul Urge number is 9. Giving, kind and generous. I hope I live up to that.

My Inner Dream number is 1. I may dream of being the boss but I wouldn;t really want the job!

My numbers are the same as President Obama's. Something's wrong there!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Mack the Knife......same birth year as me!