Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mabel Camfield Marsh, Aug 28, 1899



South Bend
Aug 28th 1899

Dear Aunt Anna and Grandma

I thought I would write you a few lines to let you know that I am still among the living I suppose you have been looking for me to come and make you a visit as I intended to but I was delayed in Niles two weeks when I only intended to stay one Lenora had so much sewing to do that I couldn't get through in time to go to Buchanan then Benj came and he only had from Monday until

page 2

Friday night so we could only stay one day at a place and he wanted to see all of his Auntes and cousins so we dident have the time to stop but next summer we will make you twice glad as Benj intends to have a longer vacation no matter what happens 5 days out of 365 isent very long how are you all getting along I see Tollie every day she sayes she dont believe she will go to Buchanan this summer Well I must close

With love to all I am
Your Loving Neice
Mabel
Give my love to Grandma


Mabel's friend was Lenora Eastwood Wood. Tollie was Anna's friend, Etola Robinson.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Marsh, Mabel Camfield (South Bend, IN) to “Dear Aunt Anna and Grandma”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 28 Aug 1899. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, Apr - Dec 1899,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: